YOPP-endorsed projects, programmes and initiatives
You can view and search already endorsed projects, programmes and initiatives in our online endorsement system.
Getting YOPP endorsement
The Steering Group of the Polar Prediction Project (PPP) provides endorsement for projects, programmes and initiatives that plan to contribute to the aims of the Year of Polar Prediction (YOPP), as outlined in the YOPP Implementation Plan.
Projects seeking endorsement through YOPP may be either funded or in the process of seeking funding.
- Increase the visibility of the research activities (e.g., listing on our website).
- Provide an international framework for your research, which can help to leverage support and funding.
- Contribute to improving the coordination between different activities.
- Enhance networking and communication.
Endorsement will be considered if:
- Your project addresses or contributes to the general YOPP objectives as outlined in the YOPP Implementation Plan.
- Your project acknowledges the importance of close coordination of all planned YOPP activities.
- Open data sharing is an important element of the project and the project data relevant to YOPP will be made available in alignment with the YOPP data strategy as outlined in the YOPP Summit report (ref. YOPP Data Legacy).
- There is agreement that a summary of the planned activities of the endorsed projects/programmes/initiatives (including their logos, if applicable) will be made public through the website of the International Coordination Office (ICO) and other appropriate means.
- The project researchers agree to support the work of the PPP-SERA subcommittee and will be available for interviews, discussions, survey or email communication should they be contacted by PPP-SERA.
- There is agreement that points of contact have the obligation to inform the ICO about possible changes to the project.
How to request YOPP endorsement
- In order to request YOPP endorsement please register at http://apps3.awi.de/YPP/ to create an account for this site and fill out the required fields (name and email address). You will receive an email to verify your registration.
- Once you have successfully looged in to the website, you can create a new project.
- Please follow the instructions and fill the requested information. Entering your information about the project also asks to include a short (max. 250 words) and a detailed project description (max. 1000 words) with more details on how your project relates to YOPP.
- Your request will be forwarded to members of the PPP steering group (PPP-SG) for assessment.
- PPP-SG members will review the application and notify the ICO within 10 working days of receiving the application.
- The ICO will notify the project leader of the decision within four working days of receiving the decision from the reviewing PPP-SG members.
In case of further questions, please contact email@example.com
Polarprediction Mailing List
If you wish to subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org, the joint mailing list for polar weather and climate prediction and predictability by CliC and PPP (more than 550 subscribers), please send an e-mail to email@example.com