10-12 December 2014
Workshop on polar-lower latitude linkages, Barcelona, Spain.
See workshop page
21-23 August 2014
09 April 2014
PPP Townhall Meeting & Panel, 18 hrs to 19:30 hrs, Dynamicum, Finnish Meteorological Institute, Helsinki, Finland, in conjunction with ASSW and AOS.
The panel and audience discussed three main questions related to polar prediction: What is holding us back? What are the observational needs? How can stakeholders best be involved and what services do they need?
08 April 2014
YPM-2 YOPP Planning Meeting #2, Finnish Meteorological Institute, Helsinki, Finland, in conjunction with ASSW (Arctic Science Summit Week) and AOS (Arctic Observing Summit).
Download agenda and list of participants
Download final report
Invited experts and PPP Steering Group Members discussed the observational requirements to bring forward polar prediction and identified links and cooperation possibilities with existing and other planned activities.
Presentations for download:
- Global Cryosphere Watch (GCW) / CryoNet – Kari Luojus
- Svalbard Integrated arctic Earth Observation System (SIOS); and CCNR (Italian National Research Council) and InRiM (The Italian National Metrological Institute) – Vito Vitale
- IASOA – Sandy Starkweather
- ICE-ARC – Elaina Ford
- International Ice Charting Working Group (IICWG) – Pablo Clemente-Colon
- MOSAiC – Matt Shupe
- Met Office UK – Chawn Harlow
- British Antarctic Survey (BAS) – Tom Bracegirdle
- Met Norway – Thor Erik Nordeng
- Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (AARI), St Petersburg, Russia – Alexander Makshtas
- National Institute of Polar Research (NIRP), Japan – Jun Inoue