Past Meetings: 2013
01-03 October 2013
Steering Group Meeting #4, NCAR and NOAA, Boulder, CO, USA.
The draft version of the Implementation Plan for YOPP, the Year of Polar Prediction, was discussed at SG-4 and is now available for download. A science session on polar prediction related topics complemented the Steering Group Meeting.
SG4 Science Session Presentations, 02 October 2013:
- The Polar Prediction Project, Thomas Jung, Germany
- Global Polar Weather Prediction, Peter Bauer, UK
- Meso-scale Polar Weather Prediction over Antarctica, Jordan Powers, US
- Polar Observations, Donald Perovich, US
- Seasonal Sea Ice Prediction & Sea Ice Prediction Network, Cecilia Bitz, US
- Science Challenges for MOSAiC, Matthew Shupe, US
27-28 June 2013
24-27 June 2013
WWRP-THORPEX Workshop on Polar Prediction, ECMWF, Reading, UK.
About 40 polar experts from all parts of the world met at ECMWF, Reading, to discuss a broad spectrum of research topics in plenary sessions and break-out groups.
Final report download