Help ensure YOPP’s legacy by facilitating the description, discovery, access and preservation of YOPP-produced and YOPP-relevant data. Work to achieve an advanced level of YOPP data usability and interoperability. Coordinate with all YOPP task teams on data needs to support achieving their goals.
See that all YOPP data sets are properly cataloged in the YOPP Data Portal
- Through automated harvesting of metadata from external repository, or
- By ensuring that data providers submit metadata to the YOPP Data Portal via the online form
Ensure completeness of metadata in the YOPP Data Portal, including
- Data availability and copyright information
- Link to detailed documentation for the dataset
- Point of contact for questions about the dataset
Evaluate usability of YOPP Data Portal to ensure its clarity and ease of use.
See that metrics are collected on portal usage to help measure the success of YOPP, including
- data search and access statistics
- click-throughs to other data repositories
Coordinate with the Communication, Outreach and Education Task Team to promote availability of YOPP data.
Promote usage of YOPPSiteMIP outputs as a prime opportunity for generating interest in YOPP data, especially among academics.
Assist YOPP data contributors in meeting YOPP goals by
- Promoting adherence to data publishing guidelines posted on the YOPP Data Portal
- Encouraging them to make their data publicly available on the internet and property described in the Portal
- Encouraging publication of YOPP data articles, following guidance provided on the YOPP Data Portal
Members and Contact
- Taneil Uttal, PPP SG, NOAA
- Leslie Hartten, CIRES, University of Colorado Boulder
- Øystein Godøy, Norwegian Meteorological Institute
- Lara Ferrighi, Norwegian Meteorological Institute
- Thomas Jung, PPP SG, Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI)
- Kirstin Werner, ICO, Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI)
- Barbara Casati, PPP SG, Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Manuel Fuentes
- Machiel Lamers, PPP SG, Wageningen University
- Torill Hamre, NERSC
- Hironori Yabuki, JASMTEC
- Siri Jodha S. Khalsa, PPP SG, NSIDC, University of Colorado Boulder
- Thomas Spengler, University of Bergen
Taneil Uttal, PPP SG, NOAA